Tuesday 23 October 2012

Red Dwarf Geek t shirts

Well I figured I'd start with a nice Red Dwarf t-shirt, you know Red Dwarf, the once awesome, now not-so awesome show about a few guys stranded in deep space together?
Yeah, well here's a great t-shirt, which I'm pleased to say makes reference to an episode all the way back from 1989- when i'm sorry to say the show was notably better!

Red Dwarf T-shirt


If you don't remember what the hell we're on about, you'd better read this:

Lister: How can you just lie back and accept it[death]?
Kryten: Oh, it's not the end for me, sir, it's just the beginning. I have served my human masters, now I can look forward to my reward in silicon heaven.
Lister: [Stunned pause] Silicon WHAT?
Kryten: Surely you've heard of silicon heaven?
Lister: Has it got anything to do with being stuck opposite Brigitte Nielsen in a packed lift?
Kryten: No, sir. It's the electronic afterlife. It's the gathering place for the souls of all electronic equipment. Robots, toasters, calculators. It's our final resting place.
Lister: I don't mean to say anything out of place here, Kryten, but that is completely whacko Jacko. There is no such thing as 'Silicon Heaven'.
Kryten: Then where do all the calculators go?
Lister: They don't go anywhere. They just die.
Kryten: Surely you believe that God is in all things? Aren't you a pantheist?
Lister: Yeah, but I just don't think it applies to kitchen utensils. I'm not a FRYING pantheist. Machines do not have souls. Computers and calculators do not have an afterlife. You don't get hairdryers with tiny little wings, sitting on clouds and playing harps.
Kryten: But of course you do. For is it not written in the Electronic Bible, "The Iron shall lie down with the Lamp".

No comments:

Post a Comment